Guest blogger Meryl K. Evans at the Writer’s Resource Center has great tips for maximizing your freelance writing business. No matter how many websites and blogs you’ve read that offer business tips, there’s always someone with a slightly different perspective that needs to be read. Meryl’s post needs to be read because she offers some rather nuanced tips; for instance, sending “relevant articles to clients, let them know about a relevant blog entry in which they might want to leave a comment, give them names of people when they need a resource, and sent them relevant reporter leads so they can contact the reporter to help out and maybe be quoted in the story.” This is networking at it’s best because, while you’re acting in the best interests of your client, you’re increasing your social capital. For more great tips from Meryl, click here.
Most Recent Stuff
- Living in the Moment: Casper, WY #MondayBlogs #Wyoming September 18, 2017
- One of my favorite novels: Town Father by Kevin Brennan. September 14, 2017
- Update: On Hold Yet Again #HurricaneIrma #TGIF September 11, 2017
- On the Road: Joan Osborne and “Work on Me” September 6, 2017
- Living in the Moment: Carhenge and Clouds #MondayBlogs #Carhenge #clouds September 4, 2017
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets