For Belinda: Scenes From a Walk

For Belinda at www.busymindthinking.com.  Some time ago she asked her followers to post pictures of where they live.  Yesterday I finally remembered to take my phone with me when I took a break from work and went for a walk.  The following photos are from part of a “Nature Trail” that runs through the development next to my office complex.  While I frequently (well, every work day) bemoan my commute from the suburbs across town to the city limits, I am grateful for this walking trail that allows me to truly escape my office environment and clear my head.  The trail is mostly concrete pavement but it circles around a few man-made ponds and through some impressive oak trees.  I’ve seen red-shouldered hawks, white egrets, fox squirrels, dragonflies (in abundance this time of year), and turtles.  The last photo is my last stretch of sidewalk before arriving back at my office which is at the end of that street.  Belinda, I hope you enjoy the photos.  Big virtual hug coming your way 🙂

0920131551-000920131552-000920131553-000920131554-000920131555-010920131605-000920131630-02(1)0920131630-010920131630-000920131616-000920131626-000920131620-000920131621-000920131632-000920131638-000920131642-00

This entry was posted in Writers Helping Writers and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to For Belinda: Scenes From a Walk

I love the Spanish moss in the great live oaks.

Me too. I’m glad that they kept as many of the oaks as they did when they built the development. My office complex was in this area before the development though, so for awhile it was like working in the countryside.

2. ericjbaker says:

The office complex where I work has a similar series of trails. It’s just getting to that ideal walking time of year, too.

Yup, it’s still pretty hot here. I have to wear a hat, carry water, and I still come back all sweaty … The good part of that is people will stay clear of me for awhile 😉

3. These are beautiful pictures Marie. I especially like the lakes. I have a thing for water. I like lakes, rivers and generally the ocean.

Thanks, Julian. It’s nice to be around water, especially on hot sunny days 🙂 I’m surprised my camera took such good photos. It’s just an LG840G that I got through a prepaid plan. I guess I just underestimated LG 🙂

4. Expat Eye says:

Beautiful! Lovely to have a place like that to go to during your work day!

5. Nice walk. Thank you. I’m sure Belinda will enjoy it too.

6. Marie, this is so very beautiful! Those trees are gorgeous! I can imagine the walk does clear your head. What an incredible place. Thank you for describing the things you get to see. I felt your virtual hug and am sending that and much love your way! xoxo

7. Reblogged this on Busy Mind Thinking and commented:
    My friend Marie took me on a peaceful journey that has literally made my day. If you’d like to walk with us, please visit Marie. She is as beautiful outside as she is inside! Thanks Marie, much love!

8. acuriousgal says:

What a beautiful walk….I’m sure Belinda loved it!!!

9. safi4775 says:

How wonderful. How lucky we are to be able to take photos like these so close to home

10. amaynard1981 says:

Belinda, these are truly beautiful photos. I especially like the lake pic, because i like the way the water flows aimlessly.

11. Ellespeth says:

Oh! The moss and the trees – just so beautiful and familiar. I enjoyed your walk!
    Ellespeth

12. Katie Cross says:

Those are lovely pictures. What a great idea!

Thanks, Katie! Belinda’s delight in seeing the pictures has given me a renewed appreciation for the area surrounding my work place. Although I still gripe about my commute 😉

13. melissajanda says:

Beautiful photos. I’m sure Belinda loved the tour 🙂

14. Gorgeous! Just looking at those photos give me the feeling of a nice spring or summer day.