Another entertaining and informative post from a guest blogger at the Writer’s Resource Center: “A small sheik escaped” and other editing execises to energize your writing by L.A. Ramsey. L.A. shares writing bloopers (AKA typographical errors) as well as the hilarious story of how she lost a sixth-grade spelling contest. Her post is another fine example of blending just enough personal detail with professional knowledge to make for a fun read. Here’s a teaser: “Of all the things in human existence to be ignited by–a skylark, Picasso’s man strumming a blue guitar, a flapper wobbling to the tune of the Charleston, a kid’s gap-toothed grin–mine was a small sheik.” Now click here and read the rest of her post.
Most Recent Stuff
- More of the Same Publishing News #writingcommunity #ampublished May 13, 2019
- Musical Monday: Kristen Wiig and James Corben #MondayBlogs #humor May 6, 2019
- Orchids and Publishing News Redux #writingcommunity #ampublished April 25, 2019
- Orchids, Butterflies, and Publishing News #MondayBlogs #amwriting April 22, 2019
- A Different Kind of Book Review: 52 Stories in 52 Weeks by Phillip McCollum #bookreview #Mondayblogs April 8, 2019
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets