Another entertaining and informative post from a guest blogger at the Writer’s Resource Center: “A small sheik escaped” and other editing execises to energize your writing by L.A. Ramsey. L.A. shares writing bloopers (AKA typographical errors) as well as the hilarious story of how she lost a sixth-grade spelling contest. Her post is another fine example of blending just enough personal detail with professional knowledge to make for a fun read. Here’s a teaser: “Of all the things in human existence to be ignited by–a skylark, Picasso’s man strumming a blue guitar, a flapper wobbling to the tune of the Charleston, a kid’s gap-toothed grin–mine was a small sheik.” Now click here and read the rest of her post.
Most Recent Stuff
- Living in the Moment: Casper, WY #MondayBlogs #Wyoming September 18, 2017
- One of my favorite novels: Town Father by Kevin Brennan. September 14, 2017
- Update: On Hold Yet Again #HurricaneIrma #TGIF September 11, 2017
- On the Road: Joan Osborne and “Work on Me” September 6, 2017
- Living in the Moment: Carhenge and Clouds #MondayBlogs #Carhenge #clouds September 4, 2017
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets