Living in the Moment: Savannah, GA #MondayBlogs

I’ve been here and there.  Just not everywhere.  But a few weeks ago, I was in Savannah, GA.

Yup, me at the fountain in Forsyth Park.

Yup, me at the fountain in Forsyth Park. (And that sticker is for the touring bus … I’m not trying to draw attention to my lack of bosom.)

Following are a few select photos from the most gorgeous sunset I’ve ever seen.

IMG_0077

Part of the cityscape from the north side of the Savannah River. Look closely and you can see the gold-leafed capitol dome.

The sun is setting.

The sun is setting.

IMG_0089

Can you believe I took this picture with my iPhone?

IMG_0085

And this one ….

IMG_0093

And this one …

IMG_0094

And this one …

And I’ve saved the best for last.  My husband has been developing his skills in time-lapse photography.  Sunsets are a particular favorite for him.  I’m sorry that, at this time, I’m not able to embed his time-lapse into my post, but just click  “Watch on Vimeo.”  I may be biased, but I think this is his best time-lapse yet 🙂

16016 SAVANNAH RVR WATERFRONT SS_1080p_59.94_HQ+_4xSlow from Greg Brown on Vimeo.

This entry was posted in Blogging. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Living in the Moment: Savannah, GA #MondayBlogs

1. Claire says:

My cousin got married there a few months ago – in fact, we stayed in the hotel that would have been right behind you as you took those photos! Beautiful city – thanks for the reminder!

2. Wow! Your photos are amazing, Marie. That sky…fabulous! Savannah is such a charming city, but avoid the cobblestone streets while wearing high heels. 🙂

3. Love the time lapse video 💙

4. L. Marie says:

Great photos, Marie! And I also loved the time lapse video. Gorgeous! Glad you had a wonderful time.

5. You are so right. That was the best time lapse ever. Your sticker comment was priceless (LOL)

6. Carrie Rubin says:

That time-lapse video is gorgeous. Very cool.

7. Wow, awesome photos, and the time-lapse was great. The colors as dusk started coming in!

8. oh yes! I did love that time lapse. would love to try that myself. I know he used vimeo; was it just several clips strung together by vimeo?

Hi, there! Actually, it’s a long process that my husband uses. I think he had several hundred photos that he had to process and then string together as a video. He can set his camera to take a photo every 3-7 seconds. The processing can take hours since the first draft is usually pretty choppy. When all that is done, he uploads the finished video to Vimeo.

9. I love Savannah and was able to visit twice when I was living in Charlotte. It’s so unique and so beautiful, and just so memorable 🙂

This was our first trip, Jeri, and we really didn’t know what to expect. Other than the movie, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, we knew little about Savannah. Now, we can’t wait to go back!

10. Love these photos and a huge pat on the back to your hubby for the time-lapse, which is amazing and vivid and very moody and beautiful. P.S. Also loved your sticker joke, hee, hee.

11. merrildsmith says:

Beautiful photos, Marie. It must have been a fun trip!

12. tommiaw says:

Now I want to go to Savannah (smile)

Beautiful album. One of my most favorite places in all the world. The book that inspired me to write Naked Alliances, or at least Brandi’s character, was set there. “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil” by John Berendt. I always wanted more of Chablis and he never wrote more, so instead of Chablis in Savannah, we have Brandi in Orlando.

14. Hi, again! I wasn’t able to comment on your comment on my blog, for some reason, but was excited to see Jackie Mallon’s “Silk for the Feed Dogs” on your upcoming reading list. Loved that book! Cheers and happy reading.

15. Marie, When I clicked on your link to the time lapse video this is what i got: Sorry
    Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.
    Maybe it has something to do that i am outside of the US.
    However, the photo of the pink and blue sunset made me think of Keats line: A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
    I have very fond memories of Savannah, especially their squares. The name itself, Savannah, evokes mystery to me.
    A lovely post. 🙂