A Musical Monday #MondayBlogs #music

Two powerful voices.  Two powerhouses of music.  Two singers I’ve enjoyed (and still enjoy) for the greater part of my life.  I give you … Aretha Franklin and Tony Bennett.

Your regular programming may or may not return next week.  In the meantime, enjoy 🙂

And what’s an odd blog post without a gratuitous photo of a cat (thank you, Kevin Brennan, for setting that straight for me).

123951

This is a photo of Junior, our gray DSH, texted to me after his dental surgery last Monday.  The boy is still recovering.  Two teeth were extracted and everything was well until Saturday when an infection started to set in.  Now we have 10 days of antibiotics to go through with ole iron-jaw Junior.  Fun times.

This entry was posted in Blogging. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to A Musical Monday #MondayBlogs #music

1. My best to Junior and a good week to you.

2. merrildsmith says:

Hope Junior has an easy recovery! One of our cats has to have his teeth cleaned every year, and last year he also needed teeth pulled. It always makes me anxious.

Hey, Merrill! Dentals are never any fun. This is the 2nd time he has had teeth removed. Poor baby. He’s doing much better now 😸

• merrildsmith says:

Yeah–I’m not looking to our little guy’s next checkup. The last few years, we just made an appointment for the teeth cleaning, etc. at the same time as his checkup. Glad your baby is doing better!

3. Oh poor Junior. He looks like he’s in pain and has no interest in smiling for the camera. I hope he’s feeling better soon! Thanks for the tunes, Marie! Have a great week.

4. Luanne says:

Junior is so handsome, even when he’s in pain! I have been thinking of writing a blog post about black cats btw :).

Oh, do write about black cats! I love them. Junior is dark gray with a splash of white at his throat and his paws. He is one handsome boy 😸

5. Just to clarify, There’s no such thing as a gratuitous cat.

(Good luck to Junior!)

6. Judith Post says:

Hope Junioir feels better soon. He looks like the ornery stray we took in–our first gray cat. We love him!

Thank you, Judith! Junior is one of those “neighborhood” cats that no one wanted to claim. So we did, and he’s my boy 😺Our other two cats are girls. Junior is doing much better today since we got him on a course of antibiotics.

7. Carrie Rubin says:

I hope Junior heals well. Such a beautiful cat!

8. Yikes, Junior has been through the wringer. Hope he heals quickly. At first I misread your post and thought he had texted you…was thinking the animals are adapting to technology at a rapid pace these days. 😉

9. Glad Junior’s feeling better. Hope you have good luck giving him his antibiotics. I had a cat who was vicious when it came to that. I’d pry her mouth open and shove the pill in only to have her run away and spit it out! Hopefully, Junior is more cooperative. 🙂

10. Thoughts to Junior. MTM broke a tooth this week, so I understand the dental anxiety.

Poor MTM! Not only anxiety but also $$$$$ when it comes to the dentist. Junior is much better. The antibiotics are working although he hates being pilled 🙀

11. L. Marie says:

Oh. Is Junior better? Poor baby.
    Thank you for that video. Oh that was gorgeous. So wonderful to hear them sing together. I had chills!

Hello, Linda! Yes, Junior is much better. I’m looking forward to finishing his course of antibiotics 😉 He’s a very strong kitty and does not like to being pilled. Glad you liked the video. I actually didn’t know Bennett had done a duet with Franklin. Happy discovery 🙂