May Wonders Never Cease to Exist

Although I occasionally write poetry, I don’t make a fuss about it because I so rarely do it.  And because I’m never quite sure if I should call it poetry.  My poems don’t rhyme.  They don’t have a recognizable meter or structure (and I don’t even know what I mean by that, either).  They don’t measure up to the poetry of Luanne Castle or Pamela Beckford.  But I write them anyway.

And sometimes I actually submit a poem for publication.  On a lark, as it were.  As I did with this one poem, When I Said Goodbye.  I submitted it to Tipsy Lit, an indie publisher founded by novelist and poet Ericka Clay.  To my happy surprise, Ericka accepted my poem and recently published it in Volume 1 of the Tipsy 10, available free on Wattpad.

Tipsy 10 Vol 1 Cover

If you want to go directly to my poem, here’s the link:  http://www.wattpad.com/112392439-the-tipsy-10-volume-i-when-i-said-goodbye.  But be sure to read the other poems.  I am honored to have my poem among them.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to May Wonders Never Cease to Exist

1. Wow, such a moving piece, Marie. Congratulations!

2. Congratulations, Marie! A well-deserved honor!

3. L. Marie says:

Wow. So beautiful and devastating, Marie. So glad it was published.

4. LindaGHill says:

Congratulations, Marie! 😀

Congratulations (even if you made me cry) Good Job 🙂

6. Congratulations, Marie, this is awesome. A really good piece. Very powerful.

7. Reblogged this on Julian Froment's Blog and commented:
    Check out Marie’s poetry here. Excellent!

8. Congratulations! Very moving.

9. Katie Cross says:

EEPP! Tipsy Lit is one of my favorites on Wattpad (Ericka is perfectly comfortable with how much I stalk her) so now I have to go stalk you on Wattpad as well. Congrats! This couldn’t have been easy to get into to. So excited on your behalf!

On my way to read now!

Thanks, Katie! I was taken totally by surprise that Ericka accepted my poem. I did cartwheels in my head because I dare not do them for real 😉

10. Congrats Marie. What a nice thing.

11. Reblogged this on Fiction Favorites and commented:
    One of my favorite people has a poem published in a Tipsy Lit feature. Check it out.

12. What a great poem

13. Congratulations! And what a moving piece. I hope you’re inspired to write more:-)

14. Congratulations Marie. Well deserved for publication! I’m not much of a poet myself, but I’m trying to learn more about poetry. I do know that this sucked me in and the images were very crisp. Good job!

Thank you, Philip! I really don’t know much about poetry myself. I actually avoided it when I was studying literature (but, of course, that wasn’t always easy). I know for this one I was trying to excise a fear of mine (losing my husband). I didn’t want to write something as long as a story, so I settled on a “poem.” 😉

15. BerLinda says:

Beautiful poem – so sad. And congratulations! That’s a great achievement!

16. beth teliho says:

wow, good for you! I know Erika, and am reading her book, Unkept, right now ((it’s soooooo good!))
    Congrats!

17. merrildsmith says:

Oh my! That poem had made in tears. Congratulations on having it published!

18. merrildsmith says:

*had me. Ooops!

19. Congrats and I’ll have to look up Tipsy Lit on Wattpad which I’m still only staring to explore. I write poetry from time to time, but not as often as I’d like. I loved to teach poetry more than anything else when I was still in the classroom. It was fun!

Thanks, Jeri! I’m on Wattpad aside from Tipsy Lit but I’m still exploring too. It’s an interesting place, but a little overwhelming at times 😉

20. Excellent, moving write, Marie.

21. So touching, Marie, and universal. I think we all fear the ordinary day that turns into the one tragic day that can’t be undone…

Thanks, Kevin. With all that goes on, along with the fact that we’re watching season 3 of Six Feet Under, it’s hard not to worry. The poem is my reminder to not take these ordinary days for granted.

22. Luanne says:

Marie, congratulations! Form works so well with content in your poem. It’s very disturbing. Onward with your poetry!!! (can you hear me going “yaaayyyy!”?)

23. Galit Breen says:

Oh congratulations! This is such exciting news, and for such a beautiful collection! Kudos!

24. Such a poignant poem. A day like no other described in a voice like no other.

25. Powerful, touching, and wonderfully written. I went to the link and read the entire poem, and the conclusion, especially, was excellent. I had a dear friend who died in an accident one day, and her husband’s account was very similar to your poem, Marie. Congratulations on having it published.

Thank you, Marylin, for your kind words. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. While I was thinking about the impact of suddenly losing my husband (who, thank goodness, is alive and well and in the other room as I write), I’ve experienced other losses that feed into the poem. Although I can’t imagine a greater loss than losing my husband–best friend and soulmate.

26. jburns58 says:

What a great poem, Marie! Keep it up.