Best line from this post: “Oh and thanks Apple for evolving into Windows.” I read this post by Cate Russell-Cole and thought, Oh my god, I’m not alone! I’ve been using Apple products almost exclusively since 2005 and was a hard-core fan until recently. I haven’t had (yet) the problem that Cate is having with Apple’s latest OS, but I agree the issues I have had seemed to have started right after Steve Jobs died. I thought it was just coincidence. Perhaps it isn’t, after all. The thing is, if I can’t trust Apple, who can I trust? My husband using Windows exclusively and, at least for now, he still has to suffer through mountains of updates every few days as well as the usual errors, freezes, etc. But my Apple products are quickly “catching up” with frequent updates that don’t often improve the functionality of my apps. I don’t like having to get used to a new interface after just getting used to the old one just so Apple claim it’s relevant. Please, Apple, slow down and fully test your products before unleashing them on your (for now) loyal customers. Your products are expensive enough without the added pain of beta software.
Most Recent Stuff
- Living in the Moment: Sort of #MondayBlogs #TEFL #TESL July 24, 2017
- At Long Last: Book 2 in The Changelings Series by Katie Sullivan! July 12, 2017
- More Summertime Reading Fun: My GRL by John Howell is Featured on Ereader News Today for $.99 — Fiction Favorites June 13, 2017
- Semi-Traditional Book Review: Reading in Progress #MondayBlogs #bookreview #memoir June 12, 2017
- Two new pieces are included in Kevin Brennan’s In No Particular Order, plus an original preface June 9, 2017
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets