For the Lady Ionia, Queen of the Blogosphere

I have shielded my eyes against her bright beauty, her brilliant wit, her shining soul.
I have bowed before her rapier tongue, welcoming the fiery warmth of its lashes against my back.
I have kissed the coal-burning footprints she leaves behind as she tours her universe.
I am but one of her many minions, grateful to be counted among them.

I speak in hyperbole, but I speak with love.
I speak with a sly smile, but my heart breaks.
I speak only a few words, but my mind explodes with all else that I want to say.

I beg the forces that be, let her rise again.
Let me again feel her fiery words as they blaze through the fiber optics of our connection.

The heat of her love purifies me.
Her words sing to me.
Her generosity humbles me.
Her silence is deafening.

I beg the forces that be, bring her back from the ashes,

Victorious.

******************************************************************

For context, here are two related posts. Please read Ionia first.

Ionia

Helen Valentina

Briana Vedsted

Belinda

photo credit: allspice1 via photopin cc

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to For the Lady Ionia, Queen of the Blogosphere

1. ioniamartin says:

I love you just isn’t enough, nor are tears of appreciation. They are what I have since I cannot reach you for a hug.

2. ioniamartin says:

Reblogged this on readful things blog and commented:
    Deeply felt…

3. Patti Hall says:

OMG beautiful! So happy to see the lady herself reply:>) She needs these tributes to her to hold her up in the light. Such wonderful words…hugs!

Thanks, Patti. I was also surprised and thrilled to see Ionia’s comment. Actually, relieved too because, like you, I think she needs these dedications to bolster her strength.

4. Loving and true poem. πŸ™‚

5. This is so powerful Marie, so beautiful!

6. Marie, this is a beautiful and moving tribute.

What powerful prose! Ionia and her spirit are so vividly explained through your imagery. I love this and know that she will also. You rock Marie and you too Ionia!

8. Marie, Really beautiful. You have a wonderful vision of Ionia which you totally captured.

9. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Glorious, glorious, glorious! A poem be-fitting our wonderful queen and her heroic journey of the moment!! Tears in my eyes reading this!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

10. Pingback: Dear Ionia | Green Embers

11. Green Embers says:

I missed this Marie earlier but it is so wonderful. You rock!

12. Pingback: To Ionia: A Collection of Positive Energy | The Community Storyboard