Happy Birthday To Me, Happy Birthday To Me

I want to share a very special birthday gift from a very special person. We work together at my day job and we both love to knit and sew. She’s given me many of her “prototypes” as gifts, sometimes spur-of-the-moment gifts, sometimes for an occasion like my birthday. This is what she gave me this year: a bag that she made out of a pair of her husband’s old jeans. This bag is a perfect size for carrying around a sock-knitting project, and she lined it in PINK with pockets to hold my knitting tools! I LOVE this bag! I used to make stuff like this when I was in high school, so it brings back fun memories of how much more creative I used to be (because I had no $$ and always had to make do). This is one of those gifts that I’ll get to enjoy over and over and over 🙂

outside of bag

outside of bag

Inside of bag

Inside of bag

This entry was posted in Inspiration and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Happy Birthday To Me, Happy Birthday To Me

1. That’s really cool! Happy birthday! 😀

2. Happy birthday Marie! Those bags are so creative. The Levi’s bag with the pocket… love it.

You know Marie, a thought occurred to me. You send me all your money, and then you will be poor and creative, like highschool!

Perhaps that is not the solution, but that same creativity from highschool is still there, hiding behind a few life concerns, like mine. (:

Jim

Ha, ha, ha … nope. I like reminiscing about being poor and having to make my own clothes, but I don’t want to be there again 🙂 All I really need now is more time because I do like being creative and doing lots of different things. I just don’t have the time right now to do them all at once 🙂 Thanks for the birthday wishes 🙂

3. Happy birthday! Don’t you love it when someone knows you well enough to give you the perfect gift? Especially one they took time to put their heart into?

Thank you and, yes, I do love it when I get gifts like this. Actually, I’m her “guinea pig.” She likes to give me her first attempts. I’ve told her that it makes the gifts that much more special … no one else will have one just like it 😉

4. Expat Eye says:

Super cute! She should go into business!

5. Green Embers says:

Happy Birthday!!! 🙂

6. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! Hope you are enjoying your special day, Marie Ann. 🙂

7. words4jp says:

This is so adorable. I would buy one of these. Happy birthday;)

8. Absolutely lovely. Decorative, useful, and hand made: it scores the triple. And happy birthday to you 🙂

9. Susan says:

Handmade gifts are the BEST! HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!

10. LindaGHill says:

Very cute! 🙂
    Happy Birthday!

11. That’s lovely – I love the lining! Happy Birthday!

12. ioniamartin says:

Happy birthday to you indeed!

13. Rajiv says:

Hmmm… lovely…Pink…Girls…Strawberries….Hungry!!!!

Happy birthday.

14. Luanne says:

Happy birthday!!! Looks like a great bag for my cats to crawl inside :).

Ha ha … mine wouldn’t fit. Well, the girls wouldn’t. They are both too fat 🙂

• Luanne says:

Funny! It’s my oldest boy who is really big. My girls are small. Of course, if I could get my tuxedo girl to eat–finicky.

Hey, I have a tuxedo girl, too, and she’s a porker 😉 We call her Maxine. She’s not finicky at all. Our boy, Junior, isn’t either but he’s very lean. Luisa is finicky but probably because she’s old (~20) and some foods make her throw up ;(

15. The bags look lovely. I hope you had a lovely birthday

16. Happy belated birthday–hope it was a wonderful day!