For anyone who is self-publishing in the hopes of attracting a publisher, here’s a horror story for you: If A Publisher Offers You a Contract for Your Self-Published Book, Will You Be Forced (By Amazon) To Refund Past Customers Who Bought It?. You can also read the writer’s original post here: http://www.jamiemcguire.com/amazon-beautiful-disaster-emails/. What is happening to this author doesn’t make any sense at all. The original book isn’t “defective” like a short wire in a waffle iron (and then those companies rarely inform their customers of the defect and offer a refund). Is (part of) the lesson that one avoid doing business with Amazon?
Most Recent Stuff
- More of the Same Publishing News #writingcommunity #ampublished May 13, 2019
- Musical Monday: Kristen Wiig and James Corben #MondayBlogs #humor May 6, 2019
- Orchids and Publishing News Redux #writingcommunity #ampublished April 25, 2019
- Orchids, Butterflies, and Publishing News #MondayBlogs #amwriting April 22, 2019
- A Different Kind of Book Review: 52 Stories in 52 Weeks by Phillip McCollum #bookreview #Mondayblogs April 8, 2019
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets