My thoughts are taken up with the plight of journalist Roxana Saberi, who has been imprisoned by Iran for “espionage.” Ms. Saberi was arrested on Jan. 31 and currently is serving a sentence of 8 years. Recently, she began a hunger strike. Ms. Saberi’s original trial was behind closed doors, and the charges against her are considered baseless. Hers is just one example of the danger that journalists face worldwide. Please visit www.freeroxana.net for more information and to learn how you can join the effort for her release.
Most Recent Stuff
- Ruminations on the United States as an exceptional country #neveragain February 21, 2018
- Good reads for those who love to read #amreading February 5, 2018
- Tiddlywinks ~ an essay by Krista McCarthy January 21, 2018
- Rapunzel, A Different Kind of Fairy Tale ~ fiction by Marie A Bailey January 19, 2018
- Ruminations #MondayBlogs #acceptance #forgiveness January 17, 2018
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets