Richard White, A. C. Crispin, and Victoria Strauss provide crucial marketing and industry information for writers on their blog, http://accrispin.blogspot.com/. In their own words: “Writer Beware, a publishing industry watchdog group sponsored by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, shines a light into the dark corners of the shadow-world of literary scams, schemes, and pitfalls.” Some of their alerts include a copyright scam from the US Copyright Registry (which claims to provide copyright registration of websites through both the Library of Congress and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office–for a sizable fee, of course) and the fine print on a call for submissions to an anthology where the submission fee is $100 per story. You’ll also learned a lot from the blog’s commenters. One post on PODs such as iUniverse elicited responses from folks in the POD industry as well as anecdotes from self-published authors.
Most Recent Stuff
- A Dynamic Duo of Authors: The Contract by John W. Howell & Gwen M. Plano is now available! June 19, 2018
- Reflections on Suicide #BeThe1To #SuicideAwareness June 9, 2018
- Living in the Moment: Softshell turtle #mondaymorningzen #MondayBlogs #softshellturtle June 4, 2018
- Mind Over Matter: Overcoming Self-Doubt in Those Opening Lines by Anita Gill — BREVITY’s Nonfiction Blog May 31, 2018
- Life in the Moment: Still Breathing #MondayBlogs May 14, 2018
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets