Richard White, A. C. Crispin, and Victoria Strauss provide crucial marketing and industry information for writers on their blog, http://accrispin.blogspot.com/. In their own words: “Writer Beware, a publishing industry watchdog group sponsored by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, shines a light into the dark corners of the shadow-world of literary scams, schemes, and pitfalls.” Some of their alerts include a copyright scam from the US Copyright Registry (which claims to provide copyright registration of websites through both the Library of Congress and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office–for a sizable fee, of course) and the fine print on a call for submissions to an anthology where the submission fee is $100 per story. You’ll also learned a lot from the blog’s commenters. One post on PODs such as iUniverse elicited responses from folks in the POD industry as well as anecdotes from self-published authors.
Most Recent Stuff
- More of the Same Publishing News #writingcommunity #ampublished May 13, 2019
- Musical Monday: Kristen Wiig and James Corben #MondayBlogs #humor May 6, 2019
- Orchids and Publishing News Redux #writingcommunity #ampublished April 25, 2019
- Orchids, Butterflies, and Publishing News #MondayBlogs #amwriting April 22, 2019
- A Different Kind of Book Review: 52 Stories in 52 Weeks by Phillip McCollum #bookreview #Mondayblogs April 8, 2019
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets