Richard White, A. C. Crispin, and Victoria Strauss provide crucial marketing and industry information for writers on their blog, http://accrispin.blogspot.com/. In their own words: “Writer Beware, a publishing industry watchdog group sponsored by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, shines a light into the dark corners of the shadow-world of literary scams, schemes, and pitfalls.” Some of their alerts include a copyright scam from the US Copyright Registry (which claims to provide copyright registration of websites through both the Library of Congress and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office–for a sizable fee, of course) and the fine print on a call for submissions to an anthology where the submission fee is $100 per story. You’ll also learned a lot from the blog’s commenters. One post on PODs such as iUniverse elicited responses from folks in the POD industry as well as anecdotes from self-published authors.
Most Recent Stuff
- Rambling Thoughts #MondayBlogs #lifehappens November 20, 2017
- Living in the Moment: Georgia O’Keefe and Clouds #MondayBlogs #GeorgiaOKeefe October 9, 2017
- Circumstances of Childhood. A new novel by John W. Howell! October 3, 2017
- Living in the Moment: Trinidad, Santa Fe and the drive from Hell #MondayBlogs #travel October 2, 2017
- Scars: A Portrait of Life September 26, 2017
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets