Richard White, A. C. Crispin, and Victoria Strauss provide crucial marketing and industry information for writers on their blog, http://accrispin.blogspot.com/. In their own words: “Writer Beware, a publishing industry watchdog group sponsored by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, shines a light into the dark corners of the shadow-world of literary scams, schemes, and pitfalls.” Some of their alerts include a copyright scam from the US Copyright Registry (which claims to provide copyright registration of websites through both the Library of Congress and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office–for a sizable fee, of course) and the fine print on a call for submissions to an anthology where the submission fee is $100 per story. You’ll also learned a lot from the blog’s commenters. One post on PODs such as iUniverse elicited responses from folks in the POD industry as well as anecdotes from self-published authors.
Most Recent Stuff
- More Summertime Reading Fun: My GRL by John Howell is Featured on Ereader News Today for $.99 — Fiction Favorites June 13, 2017
- Semi-Traditional Book Review: Reading in Progress #MondayBlogs #bookreview #memoir June 12, 2017
- Two new pieces are included in Kevin Brennan’s In No Particular Order, plus an original preface June 9, 2017
- Kevin Brennan’s In No Particular Order is Now Available on Amazon! June 6, 2017
- Living in the Moment and Beyond #Inspirational #MondayBlogs June 5, 2017
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets