Richard White, A. C. Crispin, and Victoria Strauss provide crucial marketing and industry information for writers on their blog, http://accrispin.blogspot.com/. In their own words: “Writer Beware, a publishing industry watchdog group sponsored by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, shines a light into the dark corners of the shadow-world of literary scams, schemes, and pitfalls.” Some of their alerts include a copyright scam from the US Copyright Registry (which claims to provide copyright registration of websites through both the Library of Congress and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office–for a sizable fee, of course) and the fine print on a call for submissions to an anthology where the submission fee is $100 per story. You’ll also learned a lot from the blog’s commenters. One post on PODs such as iUniverse elicited responses from folks in the POD industry as well as anecdotes from self-published authors.
Most Recent Stuff
- Ruminations on the United States as an exceptional country #neveragain February 21, 2018
- Good reads for those who love to read #amreading February 5, 2018
- Tiddlywinks ~ an essay by Krista McCarthy January 21, 2018
- Rapunzel, A Different Kind of Fairy Tale ~ fiction by Marie A Bailey January 19, 2018
- Ruminations #MondayBlogs #acceptance #forgiveness January 17, 2018
Follow me on Twitter (if you can)My Tweets