Here is the third installment of Ten Top Lists of What Not To Do by Marie Ann Bailey of 1WriteWay at http://1writeway.com and John W. Howell of Fiction Favorites at http://johnwhowell.com. These lists are simu-published on our blogs each Monday. We hope you enjoy.
10. If you in the wedding party, do not take off your clothes no matter what the circumstances may dictate or what you think the circumstances are dictating.
9. If you are not in the wedding party, see number 10.
8. If you are the best man or maid of honor, do not cry when you describe your love of the bride or groom in your toast and eliminate the word “amazing” from your speech.
7. Do not decide to try and set an all-time personal record in the number and kinds of drinks that you intake simply because they are free.
6. If you do set an all-time personal record of kind and number of drinks, do not ask the bride or groom for a kiss or worse for a date. (same goes for the best man and maid of honor)
5. If you are not in the wedding party, do not offer a toast even if several of your friends are clapping and saying your name followed by the chant “toast, toast, toast.”
4. If you brought a wedding gift to the reception, do not take it home with you no matter what.
3. Do not pretend to be someone else or use a made up name when you are introduced to others even if you may never see these people again and you think it is soooo funny.
2. If you came with a date to the wedding, do not go home with someone else.