I have been remiss of late in thanking two special bloggers for awards they’ve bestowed on me: Fall ‘N Love Crafts, who has honored me with my second Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, and Dean at Deanz Doodlez, who has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Please visit (and follow) both of these very talented young artists. And again, my deepest thanks to both of them for these honors.
The rules for the Sisterhood award are simple:
- Post the logo on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Choose 10-12 other ladies who blog as your nominees.
- Post the links to the nominees’ blogs and notify them on their blog.
OK, here’s the logo:
I’ve thanked Fall ‘N Love Crafts (see above).
And now for my nominees:
- Belle at http://bellemorgen.wordpress.com/about/
- Jill at http://jillweatherholt.wordpress.com/about-me-jill-weatherholt/
- Luanne at http://writersite.org/about/
- RunningToHerDreams at http://runningtoherdreams.com/about/
- Amber at http://amberskyeforbes.wordpress.com/about-the-dancing-writer/
- GG at http://itypecrazyfast.wordpress.com/about/
- Helen at http://helenvalentina.com/about/
- Tommia at http://tommiastablet.wordpress.com/about/
- Katie at http://kcrosswriting.com/about/
And this last nominee is a bit of a deviation from the rules. (I didn’t fully follow the rules last time either 🙂 )
I’m nominating Ben for this award because I don’t think there’s enough bitterness in his life and being nominated for a “sisterhood” award might just do the trick.
Now, for the Liebster Award!
I’m gonna cheat on this one. Surprise! If you want to know what I am supposed to do, then click on Dean’s link and see for yourself 😉 What I am going to do is answer Dean’s questions because I think his questions are quite fun.
a. Who is the most intelligent person you know?
My husband. Not braggin’, just sayin’.
b. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done for someone?
Hmmm … well, it wasn’t quite like I did this for someone but with someone: I bought a 1966 Dodge van and drove cross-country with a friend, from New York to California, in 1978. If you knew me and my friend then, you’d know why it was the craziest thing I could do.
c. How did you get your name?
My mom took my two sisters’ middle names and came up with mine. She’s a very practical woman.
d. Whats the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Go West, young lady!
e. If you had to describe yourself as a flavour, what would it be?
Sweet & Spicy
f. If you had to describe yourself as a car, what would it be?
A 1994 Toyota pickup truck … which of course is what I currently drive.
g. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would it be?
A cat, of course!
h. Do you think laughing at someone else’s misfortune is wrong?
Yes, indeed. I admit to being guilty of this, but I try to reserve my laughter for those whose misfortune can be construed as “poetic justice.”
i. If a loved one was to serenade you, what song would you most like them to sing?
j. Would you ever let your parents pick out a partner for you?
No. And I didn’t.
k. Have you ever tried spam? (the meat product)
God help me, yes. It was quite common to eat fried Spam where I grew up.
*** The End ***