Under Construction . . . Soon #dancinginthedark #MondayBlogs

I’ve done it. I’ve upgraded my WordPress account. Now I just need to learn how to use all my new fancy features.

It will be a slooooooow process. I’ve gotten good tips and advice from other bloggers, but given my day job, my WIP, and my cats, I’ll be taking baby steps. [What about my husband, you ask? Oh, he’s low maintenance and he gives me time to work on my writing and blog . . . unlike my cats.]

For now, let’s celebrate that I no longer have those rather vulgar ads showing up in my posts. Although I may very well come up with ads of my own.

A girl’s got to making a living somehow.

I just hope I don’t break my blog in the process and disappear into the dark.

But if I do, you might just find me dancing . . .

About Marie A Bailey

This entry was posted in Blogging and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Under Construction . . . Soon #dancinginthedark #MondayBlogs

1. Cool! Did you upgrade to premium or business?

2. Good work! I am still thinking.

3. lydiaschoch says:

Good luck with your updates! I get a little nervous while fiddling around with my site, too.

4. L. Marie says:

Congrats, Marie! I probably need to upgrade as well.

• I went for the Business plan because WP offered me a discount after I bought (yet another) domain name. Otherwise I would have signed up for premium. I donโ€™t know yet whether I need all the bells and whistles of the Biz plan.

5. Yes! Good for you. I’ve long been considering the same. So agree about so awful ads. Most are indeed, vulgar. I’ve just been too scared (and broke) to make the jump. Let us know your progress. I’ll be interested in seeing how you are doing.

6. Woohoo! You’ll have fun, I know it, Marie. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Booyah! There’s something about not seeing “wordpress” in the address that warms the heart’s cockles. Not to mention the ads. Then again, I use an ad blocker, so I never see the ads anyway. ๐Ÿ˜

8. Looks great, Marie. I’m going to miss that worm on your posts.

9. merrildsmith says:

Congratulations and good luck! I went to whatever the lowest paid plan was last year when I ran out of room on the free plan, but I didn’t even do anything else with it. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Ally Bean says:

I like your approach to how you’ll learn about your new account. No need to rush yourself, you’ve got a year after all! ๐Ÿ˜‰

11. Good luck. I’m not a techie but really like the WordPress site and trying to learn some new features.

12. Luanne says:

Good luck with this, Marie. Did you upgrade to get rid of the ads or is it the business version or it is WordPress.org? I don’t really understand and will be eager to hear about all these gadgets.

• I upgraded to Business. WP offered me a discount because I bought a new domain name. I hope to have some time to spend on it this weekend. Iโ€™ve been cautioned to not get carried away with โ€œplug-insโ€ as they often needed to be updated and we all know what a joy it is to update software. I definitely wanted to get rid of the ads and have a bit more control. If it turns out that the Business plan is more than I really need, then Iโ€™ll just downgrade to premium next year.

13. paintdigi says:

Hi Marie
    Good posts and beautiful blog,……… Congratulations
    I invite you to see my creations on: paintdigi.com
    welcome

14. Pingback: The Self WHAT? | Luanne Castle's Writer Site

15. Pingback: Mi Casa, Su Casa #amwriting #MondayBlogs | 1WriteWay

Tell me what you really think

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )