Happy Birthday To Me, Happy Birthday To Me

I want to share a very special birthday gift from a very special person. We work together at my day job and we both love to knit and sew. She’s given me many of her “prototypes” as gifts, sometimes spur-of-the-moment gifts, sometimes for an occasion like my birthday. This is what she gave me this year: a bag that she made out of a pair of her husband’s old jeans. This bag is a perfect size for carrying around a sock-knitting project, and she lined it in PINK with pockets to hold my knitting tools! I LOVE this bag! I used to make stuff like this when I was in high school, so it brings back fun memories of how much more creative I used to be (because I had no $$ and always had to make do). This is one of those gifts that I’ll get to enjoy over and over and over :)

outside of bag

outside of bag

Inside of bag

Inside of bag

About these ads

1. That’s really cool! Happy birthday! :D

2. Happy birthday Marie! Those bags are so creative. The Levi’s bag with the pocket… love it.

You know Marie, a thought occurred to me. You send me all your money, and then you will be poor and creative, like highschool!

Perhaps that is not the solution, but that same creativity from highschool is still there, hiding behind a few life concerns, like mine. (:

Jim

• Ha, ha, ha … nope. I like reminiscing about being poor and having to make my own clothes, but I don’t want to be there again :) All I really need now is more time because I do like being creative and doing lots of different things. I just don’t have the time right now to do them all at once :) Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

3. Happy birthday! Don’t you love it when someone knows you well enough to give you the perfect gift? Especially one they took time to put their heart into?

• Thank you and, yes, I do love it when I get gifts like this. Actually, I’m her “guinea pig.” She likes to give me her first attempts. I’ve told her that it makes the gifts that much more special … no one else will have one just like it ;)

4. Super cute! She should go into business!

• I’ve actually tried to encourage her. She knitted a bag for my yoga mat a couple of years ago. I still get compliments on it!

• Would be a nice little sideline! It’s great when you can make some money doing something you really enjoy!

5. Happy Birthday!!! :)

6. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! Hope you are enjoying your special day, Marie Ann. :)

7. This is so adorable. I would buy one of these. Happy birthday;)

8. Absolutely lovely. Decorative, useful, and hand made: it scores the triple. And happy birthday to you :-)

9. Handmade gifts are the BEST! HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!

10. Very cute! :)
    Happy Birthday!

11. That’s lovely – I love the lining! Happy Birthday!

12. Happy birthday to you indeed!

13. Hmmm… lovely…Pink…Girls…Strawberries….Hungry!!!!

Happy birthday.

14. Luanne

/  June 30, 2013

Happy birthday!!! Looks like a great bag for my cats to crawl inside :).

• Ha ha … mine wouldn’t fit. Well, the girls wouldn’t. They are both too fat :)

• Luanne

/  June 30, 2013

Funny! It’s my oldest boy who is really big. My girls are small. Of course, if I could get my tuxedo girl to eat–finicky.

• Hey, I have a tuxedo girl, too, and she’s a porker ;) We call her Maxine. She’s not finicky at all. Our boy, Junior, isn’t either but he’s very lean. Luisa is finicky but probably because she’s old (~20) and some foods make her throw up ;(

15. The bags look lovely. I hope you had a lovely birthday

16. Happy belated birthday–hope it was a wonderful day!

Please share your thoughts on this post.

Expat Eye on Germany

Becoming German in 473,937,493 easy steps

Writer Site

Creative nonfiction, poetry, & writing theory

Lit World Interviews

With RonovanWrites

Fat-Bottom-Fifties Get Fierce

...and have fun doing it

The Contented Crafter

A blog containing random thoughts, creations from my craft room and tales about a cat called Orlando and a puppy called Siddy

Kitt O'Malley

Living with Bipolar Disorder. Loved by God.

Legends of Windemere

Enjoy the Adventure

Busy Mind Thinking

Wait! What?!

Hollis Hildebrand-Mills

Divine Imagery Is Everywhere™

parlor of horror

All things horror… and some sci-fi, too...

BREVITY's Nonfiction Blog

(Somewhat) Daily News from the World of Literary Nonfiction

"Broken Glass"

Quietly contemplating female characters in English and American literature

The 4 A.M. Writer

Writing about writing, life, and other musings

cicampbellblog

WriteWhereYouAre

Isabella Stines

A creative writing blog. Simple as that.

Year 'Round Thanksgiving Project

Not just a one day event, I'm blogging every day about what I'm thankful for

Jackie Mallon

Author/Fashion Designer

Aussa Lorens

Hacker. Ninja. Hooker. Spy.

Ned's Blog

Humor at the Speed of Life

Jade's Jungle

On a Writing Safari

countingducks

reflections on a passing life

change it up editing

I'm Candace Johnson, and I love words. Especially yours. Let me help you say it the way you mean it!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,522 other followers