The Liebster Award

The Liebster Award

The Liebster Award

I have been honored with another award!  This one–the Liebster Award–comes from Olivia Stocum of The Claymor and Surcoat blog.  As an Irish friend in Latvia would say, “You like me, you really like me!” The rules of this award are simple (but lengthy):  first, thank the person who honored me (Thank you, Olivia!), list  11 unknown facts about myself, and answer 11 questions. Then choose 11 nominees and give them 11 new questions to answer.  I will endeavor to abide by the rules, although I am known for cheating :)

11 Unknown Facts About Me:

1. My life is an open book (no, wait, you all already knew that)
  2. I love cats (whoops! I think most of you have figured that out too)
  3. I’m married (no surprise there!)
  4. I have two graduate degrees:  one in English and one in Social Work (ok, now we’re getting somewhere)
  5. My hair is not naturally straight (boring)
  6. But it is naturally gray (boring)
  7. My mom is one of 12 (makes for a lot of cousins)
  8. I brake for turtles (and move them out of the road because they take forever to cross)
  9. I once had a pet raccoon named Bartholomew (actually, he belonged to a boyfriend but we both raised him until he mysteriously died)
  10. I drove a ’66 Dodge van cross-country in 1978 (totally out of character)
  11. I like snakes (just not in my house)

Answer 11 Questions:

1. What’s your favorite vacation destination and why?  San Francisco, CA, because I used to live there.  It’s also where my husband and I met and started our life together.
  2. What’s your favorite book? Book as in singular?  No can do.  I can’t pick just one.  I’ve enjoyed too many and they all speak to me in different ways, from Dickens’ Bleak House to Alice Sebold’s The Lovely Bones to Margaret Atwood’s Oryx and Crake to George Eliot’s Middlemarch.
  3. What do you like on pizza? Veggies with a little pesto sauce to taste
  4. Do you have a favorite song? Again, singular?  Depends on my mood, but I can say that B.B. King is The Man ;)
  5. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? Establish trusts for my grandniece and grandnephews; buy a home in the San Francisco Bay Area; and partition the rest to ensure that we can live comfortably for the rest of our lives (yes, I know, that was terribly boring)
  6. What was your favorite pet?  Don’t tell the other cats, but it was Mikey, my orange kitty (RIP)
  7. If you had a time machine, where would you go? I’d stay put.  If I go back in time, I’m afraid I’ll get marked as a witch.  If I go forward, my worst fears might be realized.
  8. Do you wish I would stop asking so many questions? Now that you’ve mentioned it, yes :)
  9. If you found a magic lamp and was given three wishes, what would they be?  Love, Happiness and Good Health for everyone
  10. How many cups of coffee do you drink in one day? A 12-ounce mug during the work week, maybe twice that on weekends.  Most times I drink Earl Grey.
  11. Where do you see yourself in ten years? Hopefully back on the West Coast.

Now for the 11 nominees:

11 Questions for the Nominees (if they choose to answer):

1. Are you a spy?
  2. What has to happen for you to say you had a perfect writing day?
  3. If you won a two-week all-expenses-paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
  4. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
  5. Do you have a master plan to take over the world?
  6. Who do you think should inherit the earth and why?
  7. If you had the funds to design your perfect writing space, what would it look like?
  8. What is your favorite animal (wild or domesticated)?
  9. Where did you hide the money?
  10. Have you ever been in a witness protection program?
  11. Do you think I’m crazy? (trick question)
About these ads

1. Thank you for the nomination and congrats on yours! :)

2. Congratulations on your nomination and thank you for the nomination! I’m with you, snakes in the house is never a good thing. :)

• I don’t like spiders in my house either but I leave them alone if they promise the eat the mosquitos that sneak in ;)

3. These longs ones are the hardest to fulfill, but worth the time. I feel like I know you so much better now. I think at one point you were a hippy like myself. I was a preppie and a yuppie also, but first I was a hippie.

• Thank you. My problem is I tend to mull over each question, including the time machine one. I’m not very good at answering off-the-cuff so these awards can be time-consuming for me, although i greatly appreciate them. So, former fellow hippy, eh? Actually when I got to CA, I called myself a “flower child” because “hippy” was already starting to be used derogatorily, even by hippies. I didn’t go through a preppie phase, but most definitely a yuppie phase :)

4. Luanne

/  June 16, 2013

Congratulations!! What a wonderful collections of blogs you have given here!

5. You are so funny! :) And raccoons are adorable, I must agree!

• Thanks, Briana! Raccoons are cute when little, but once they are adults, they will rip your face off given the chance ;(

• You’re welcome! ;)
        Oh, sad. I’ve only seen them in the wild, in our hay barn, or mom’s orchard, and though they’re destructive little varmints, they sure are cute!

• Yes, they are :) Funny story: Many years ago we had a family of raccoons in our backyard. They kept waking us up at night trying to get in through the cat doors and such. One night, they were making a racket outside my bedroom window. I got up, not really thinking about what I was doing. I went through the garage to the side door (next to our bedroom), switched on the outside light and pulled open the door. There on the railing of our little deck were four juvenile raccoons, bobbing their heads up and down in curiosity. There I stood in the doorway, stark naked. I don’t know who was more surprised :)

6. Congratulations on your nomination! And thanks for nominating my blog!

7. Marie, Congratulations. Interesting items. I too lived in the bay area. Loved it, especially the low night time temperatures.

• Thanks, John. I definitely miss the temperate climate. Usually I’ll take whatever nature throws at me, but long hot humid buggy summers just aren’t fun any more (actually, they stopped being fun after the very first week ;))

8. Congratz! And thank you so much for nominating me Marie Ann! :)
    Lots of love to you

9. Well done you. Its always nice to see a decent blogger getting the recognition they deserve

10. Thank you so much for the nomination! Working on my answers and nominations now :)

11. We are Blog. We are here to assimilate you through multiple awards …

1. Marie at 1Writeway.com Nominated My Blog! | THE WRITE PLACE
  2. Resistance is futile | What The Hell

Comments are appreciated.

The Contented Crafter

A blog containing random thoughts, creations from my craft room and tales about a cat called Orlando

Kitt O'Malley

Living with Bipolar Disorder. Loved by God.

Legends of Windemere

Enjoy the Adventure

Busy Mind Thinking

Wait! What?!

Hollis Hildebrand-Mills

Divine Imagery Is Everywhere™

parlor of horror

All things horror… and some sci-fi, too...

BREVITY's Nonfiction Blog

(Somewhat) Daily News from the World of Literary Nonfiction

"Broken Glass"

Quietly contemplating female characters in English and American literature

The 4 A.M. Writer

Writing about writing, life, and other musings

cicampbellblog

WriteWhereYouAre

Isabella Stines

A creative writing blog. Simple as that.

Year 'Round Thanksgiving Project

Not just a one day event, I'm blogging every day about what I'm thankful for

Jackie Mallon

Author/Fashion Designer

Aussa Lorens

Hacker. Ninja. Hooker. Spy.

Ned's Blog

Humor at the Speed of Life

Jade's Jungle

On a Writing Safari

countingducks

reflections on a passing life

change it up editing

I'm Candace Johnson, and I love words. Especially yours. Let me help you say it the way you mean it!

Michelle Proulx -- The Website

Shameless self-promotion for my books, plus lots of awesome.

Creative Writing with the Crimson League

Creative Writing Tips and Authorial Support from Fantasy Writer Victoria Grefer

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,441 other followers