It’s Awards Time!

I have to pinch myself. Sometimes I feel like I’m dreaming. I am a shy, sensitive introvert: someone who doesn’t make friends easily, someone who feels more comfortable with furry four-legged critters than people. I’m often inclined to think that people have more reason to not like me, than to like me. That’s just part of who I am. But since I’ve been blogging, I’ve been showered with awards from people I have never met. All I’ve done is commented on and liked your posts, followed your blogs, and tried to give support for your writing and other ventures when I can. And in return I get these awards.

Super-Sweet Award

Super-Sweet Award

Earlier this week, RunningToHerDreams honored me with the Super Sweet Blogger Award, my second one! And she is herself a super sweet and inspiring person, so please visit her blog.

Then Briana Vedsted created a new award and I’m among the first to be honored!

always-here-if-you-need-me

Now for the Rules:
Post a picture of the award somewhere on your blog.
List five things that make you happy.
Choose 5 people to nominate who have been a virtual shoulder to cry on, checked in on you when they knew things were rough, or has always been there for you.
Comment on their blogs to thank them and let them know you nominated you.

Things that make me happy:

1. My husband (OK, he’s not a thing but he’s the first and last and in-between in my happiness)
2. When any of my cats curl up on my lap
3. Giving hand-knitted gifts to friends
3. Writing
4. Reading
5. This community of bloggers

Briana already gave the award to two of my favorite bloggers, so here a few more of my favorites.

My nominees:

www.runningfather.wordpress.com

www.busymindthinking.wordpress.com

www.greenembers.wordpress.com

www.johnwhowell.com

Thank you again, Briana and RunningToHerDreams, and a big hug to everyone who has supported me and my writing.

About these ads
Next Post

1. You are so deserving of these Marie, because you are always there for people. That’s no small statement. I hope you realize. It’s a commitment to reach out and you do it so well. Blessings, hugs, and congrats my friend. I am beyond words honored that you think of me. All my love, Belinda

2. Congratulations on the awards. Thank you for the “always here if you need me award.” I do my best to fulfill the duties.

3. I’m an outgoing, argumentative extrovert who is glad to have made your acquaintance.

4. Congrats! :) xxoo

5. congrats… I will raise a glass of wine to you.

6. Congratulations on the awards – you deserve them! And I second that raising of a glass of wine! Thank you too, so much, for the nomination. Happy Friday, indeed! :-D