Thank you so much to Jade Reyner (Jade’s Jungle) for tagging me in her Work In Progress Report Meme. As is customary I shall share my WIP and then pass the meme on!
1. What is the name of your current WIP?
The Widow’s Club: Book 3
2. Ready to do a cover reveal?
Oh, god, no, I haven’t even outlined the novel (whoops, should I have admitted that?)
3. How many words are you into it?
Ahem … (cough) … 0 … (cough)
4. Goal word count by the end of the week?
This week? Let’s just say I plan to produce at least 50,000 words by end of July.
5. Goal word count for the entire manuscript?
Hmmm, I don’t do word count goals, except during NaNoWriMo writing challenges. As long as a novel tells a story well, what matters if it is 50,000 words or 500,000 words?
6. What genre does your work in progress fall within?
7. When would you *like* to publish this project?
Within my lifetime or by end of 2014, which ever comes first.
8. Go to page 5 of your manuscript and pick a sentence at random to share with us!
Mary would have preferred a simple divorce case, the old “spy on my spouse so I can get evidence for a divorce” type of investigation.
(I’m cheating. This sentence is from The Widow’s Club: Book 1.)
9. Will this WIP turn into a series book?
Actually, Book 3 is the end of the series, unless the series becomes wildly popular. Then perhaps 6 or 9 books. Must be divisible by 3 because I love the number 3.
10. What has been the hardest challenge in working on this WIP?
Right now answering these questions because the WIP is still in my head. Seriously, convincing myself that I have a viable enough concept to continue writing. I have three main characters–Mary, Maggie, and Melissa–and the novels alternate among their POVs as well as other characters such as the victim and the perpetrator.
11. What has been your favorite part of working on this WIP?
Writing from different POVs. The cousins (Mary, Melissa, and Maggie) are very different from each other and it’s a fun challenge to write from the perpetrator’s perspective as well. (My husband worries that I enjoy imagining the mind of a sociopath much too much.)
12. Any special treat planned for when you finish the final draft of your WIP?
Eat a whole pint of Americone ice cream.
13. Tag three people to complete this WIP meme!